Saturday, May 8, 2010

In the process of new work...

Having filmed and filmed and filmed over a number of years, seemingly disparate subjects and not really knowing why or what could be done with them, some of them are suddenly coming together, meeting unexpectedly, it is shocking to me, why didn't I see it before?  But perhaps that is the nature of watching stuff.  Collecting it.  And in the collecting, perhaps those things begin to gather or repel like magnets.   Time must have something to do with it, the passing of it giving another dimension to thinking and experience.

I am surprised at what is gathering, it seems to me to be particularly articulate and yet it is still early days.  Very much a collaboration and it is strange because even though I am always collecting stuff there has been such turmoil recently that it is difficult sometimes to make anything concrete or coherent in the midst of it all.  To make sense of it. 

Perhaps it is also about going back to the medium that comes most easily to me.  I've resisted it for so long - a mystery to me.   Ironic that I've just paid my dues for a membership that might not properly be mine.

1 comment:

Kopy Pig said...

Conflict is a great source of innovation, and without conflict what is left for us to say?